There is a chill in the air and the holidays are right around the corner. As I shift into holiday mode, the flavors that I use in my baking also make a subtle shift. Peppermint is one of my favorite flavors to use during the holidays and it pairs classically with chocolate. Peppermint BROWNIES are a staple in my holiday baking lineup. If you’ve tried my favorite fudge brownie recipe you know that I don’t mess around when it comes to fudge brownies. Go big or go home baby!
This recipe happens to be a gluten free version of my fudge brownies. Trust me, you won’t miss the flour and no one who eats these brownies will know any difference. To kick up the peppermint flavor I’m using pure peppermint extract and a generous amount of Andes mint candies. Trust me, this recipe is pure (holiday) GOLD!
Any of your favorite mint or peppermint candies will do here. Just give them a slight chop and fold them into your finished brownie batter before baking. On a final note- I recommend using a 9″ square pan for this recipe. But an 8″, 10″ or 11″x7″ pan would also work. Just adjust your baking time by a few minutes.
You’ve got the idea! Onto the recipe!
- 4.5 ounces (9 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 12 ounces chopped bittersweet or semisweet baking chocolate
- 200 grams (1 cup) white sugar
- 25 grams (about 2 tablespoons) brown sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of good quality cocoa
- 4½ tablespoons (45 grams) cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 20-25 andes thin mint candies
- Combine according to the procedure in the video.
- Bake in a prepared pan at 350* F for about 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center has a few moist crumbs visible.