I’m confident that you will love this fluffy peanut butter icing as much as I do. Over the years I’ve tweaked the proportions of this recipe to make it just right; a strong peanut butter flavor with a light, mousse like texture. I think that this icing is the perfect finish for my devils food cake or chocolate chip cake.
Try it out and experience peanut buttery bliss!
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 14 ounces confectioners sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) of your favorite peanut butter
- 3-4 tablespoons of cream
- Cream the butter until satiny, about 5 minutes.
- Add half of the sugar and mix on low to combine.
- Add the remaining sugar, vanilla and salt. Blend on low to combine.
- Scrape the bowl and beater then beat on high for one minute.
- Add the peanut butter and mix to combine, scrape bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons of cream and blend on low. Raise the mixer speed to high and beat about 4 minutes.
- The icing can be thinned with additional cream, if desired.
- If you'd prefer a less fluffy icing for the purposes of frosting a cake with a smooth appearance (An icing with less air bubbles,) the icing can be mixed on low for 4 minutes.