Our favorite fudge brownie recipe. Once you try em' you won't go back!
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 6 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 6 ounces semi sweet baking chocolate
- 6 eggs at room tempurature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 500 grams white sugar
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 125 grams all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder (or instant coffee)
- 6 ounces of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare a 11x15 baking pan with pan grease and line with parchment
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a large bowl, either on a double boiler or in the microwave (for 1 minute intervals.) Allow the mixture to cool for about 15-20 minutes until it is just warm. Stir in the sugar and the espresso powder. Whisk the flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and give them a whisk to break up the whites.
- Stir half of the eggs into the chocolate sugar mixture until blended then incorporate remaining eggs. Be sure to stir the mixture and not beat air into the batter. Stir in the vanilla.
- Fold in the flour mixture just just until no visible powder remains. Fold in chips or save to sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 325* for about 35-45 minutes, checking for a toothpick to come out with moist crumbs. Cool completely and chill before cutting for cleaner presentation.
Over mixing or beating the batter will incorporate air which may cause the brownies to form a hard crust that cracks and falls off upon cooling